Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Awakening in progress

Soul shake
suddenly I'm awake
after never really knowing.
An eternity of days.
This feeling electrifies
until the trees are all on fire,
pink sky glowing
in my eyes.

I can sense the change.
My body rocks and breaks and
I am built up again.

Your hand parts the clouds and rests
softly on my rising chest.
Fingers spread, my pupils round to daylight.
They drink in truth in tones of green
and blue and white.
Golden rays through gently parted morning blinds
your soft skin on mine.

And your words
make me shiver,
your warm breath on my neck
whispering lines to songs still
only half-written.

And in my mind I make wishes
on feathered seeds floating on the wind.
I send them off
with prayers that I don't yet dare speak aloud.

The wind tumbles over orchard branches that
whisper and sigh
into my burning ears
promises of a life untethered and pure.

I see the world and myself as one reflected in the garden of your eyes.

No comments: