Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is that your final answer?

Yes, I have decided on a project and have started work on it, and NO, it has nothing to do with anything I've written about up until now. HA!

What? A children's alphabet reader (published in 1850) with engraved illustrations. Very aesthetically appealing. COMBINED with Shakespearean quotes that have snuck their way into everyday English language and, alas, have become cliche. There are, I've found, enough to represent every letter of the alphabet!

So, what I've done is edit and change the wording in the children's reader so that I now have a "Footsteps to Learning Shakespeare or the Alphabet in Cliches." Each letter is exemplified with a Shakespearean cliche to show the way in which our English-speaking society (often unknowingly) relies on Shakespeare to simply communicate out ideas.

An enlightening reader for all. And, whatho, there are pictures of animals!

No comments: