Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This cannot be a coincidence...

I have been listening to the new Beirut album for the entirety of this last week. I'm talking non-stop listenage. I had Mausoleum stuck in my head ALL day.

Tonight I JUST found a live recording of a Beirut show played in Texas. It was just sitting there on archive.org in the live music section. I really thought it was going to be Arabic music when I saw the link. How could Beirut be on archive.org? BUT THEY ARE! So...WHAT can I do with this?? I MUST somehow find a way to implement this into my remix project. This recording did not just appear for no reason.

One thing I worry about is that I cannot find a clear restrictions statement. Is it truly public domain?

This is the golden link that leads to the recording. Just listen to the trumpet-y, accordion-y, violin-y, ukulele-y goodness!

No comments: